Plans to relocate to a new country can’t be improvised. It is important to have reliable help to avoid mistakes.
Of course, the internet is full of information, but you will find people advising everything and its contrary. Perhaps you have an acquaintance in Montreal, your brother’s friend or even your neighbour’s sister; but their needs aren’t the same as yours, your situation isn’t theirs.
At each step, ensure the success of your immigration project, and benefit from personalized advice from relocation specialists in Quebec and the rest of Canada.
We suggest a one hour consultation (or more depending on your needs), either via videoconference, or in person in Montreal during an exploratory visit or at the moment of your arrival. Together we will consider all of the key aspects of your move to Montreal or elsewhere in Canada.
Our clients appreciate the value added of our advice:
- Preparation and strategy: validation of your immigration project and advice relevant to the schedule and organization of your relocation.
- Moving: tips and tricks to avoid mistakes in the transportation of your belongings.
- Housing: presentation of the neighbourhoods of Montreal and the real estate market to find a happy medium between your lifestyle and your budget.
- Children: explanation of different kinds of day care (cost, collective or home-style) and the educational system (anglophone, francophone, private, public).
- Administrative steps, banks: advice to save you time and help you open your bank account.
- Healthcare and daily life: information on the healthcare system (reimbursement, pregnancy, specialists), cultural and professional integration, budgeting for daily life, and advice on purchases (vehicle, clothes and winter accessories, internet and telephone packages, good housing locations).
Our clients appreciate our efficiency:
Contact us beforehand to make the most of your consultation: tell us about your situation in a few words, and choose two or three priorities (per hour long meeting). We will be ready to give you advice specific to your situation, to orient you toward the best resources, and to put you in touch with our trusted partners.
Our clients appreciate our flexibility:
Depending on your budget, you can choose to benefit entirely from consultations and do the rest on your own, or to make use of our in-person support service for one or several key steps, and we will do it for you.
The story of Charlotte and her family, Belgium:
Charlotte’s husband was offered a position in Montreal, but he was aware of relocation services, and didn’t negotiate for them in his employment contract. Since they didn’t have a large enough budget for the support service, they opted for two hours of online consultation. We spoke about:
- Montreal and its neighbourhoods to help them orient their choice
- The real estate market and the particularities of searching for housing in Quebec
- The day care system since they have a 3 year old child
- The necessary preparations and administrative steps to take upon arrival, and the opening of a bank account
As a result, they are holding all the cards they need act on their own and succeed each step of the way. They can also count on us if they find they need additional support.
The story of Sacha and his wife Nathalie, France:
Sacha and Nathalie have two children, 8 and 10 years old, and they were already a little familiar with Montreal, having come here on vacation the year prior. They solicited us for an hour long consultation two months before their arrival. They had just begun the application process for a work permit. We spoke about:
- The differences between Quebec’s and France’s educational systems
- The different steps in a housing search and the required documents
- Driver’s licences and other administrative procedures
- The job search for Nathalie, who we put in touch with one of our partners
Upon arriving, they made use of our support services for administrative registrations and the housing search:
- We picked them up and accompanied them to the various administrative offices and to the bank. After just one morning, everything was taken care of.
- They were accompanied by a real estate agent who scheduled visits, chauffeured them around the city, negotiated with the landlord, and filled out the lease. He was presented when they received their keys.
In the end, Sacha and Nathalie appreciated being able to concentrate on their children, as the first days are difficult for them. They also appreciated that the real estate agent negotiated with the landlord, which enabled them to save money on the rent.